Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Discuss the pathogenicity, prevalence, and mortality trends of Clostridium difficile and C. difficile diseases.
2. Identify populations at increased risk for C. difficile infection.
3. Describe ways C. difficile can be transmitted.
4. Cite methods of testing for C. difficile colonization and infection.
5. Apply C. difficile treatment options.
6. Evaluate the importance of preventive measures for C. difficile infection, including precautions, environmental cleaning, and antimicrobial stewardship.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.